Wednesday, April 08, 2009

i almost like you

there is a band that we just discovered the other day, The Weepies. maybe we are just a little behind the times but we just started listening to them. sarah brought home their album and i really wanted to like them. they had the indy rock darling name, they had the indy rock darling album cover, they even started a band and got married and now travel the world in musical bliss...

but i just almost really like them. they have a few really cool songs, but i just don't like them like i thought i would.

so that got me thinking about almost liking things.
i really thought that i would like mountain biking, but my crotch began to tell me otherwise about halfway through a ride.
i really thought that i would like wine, but it just tastes like sour grape juice. where's the sweet goodness?
i really thought i would like playing the piano, but i quit lessons two separate times.
i really thought that i would like traveling, but it's no fun if you're working.
i really thought that i would like the new Flight of the Conchords song.
i really thought i would like twitter, but who gives a crap about your most recent selection of markers from Office Max and what your last burp just tasted like?

anyways...i almost like The Weepies

2 comments:

The Reverend of Rock and Roll said...

Hmmm...interesting post.

This got me thinking about "acquired tastes".

I like love drinking Guinness, but the first time I tried it I thought it tasted like sawdust steeped in old milk.

I love working out, but the first time I went, I thought I would die from a heart attack on the treadmill.

I love my old Doc Martin boots, but the first time I put them on, they made me limp.

I love The Weepies,but the first time I heard them I thought they were pretentious.

Then, one day, I listened to them as I drove down a back road in Tennessee in the fall...

Just thoughts...hope you are well.

Seth and Sarah said...

side note to that, rob...
since this post i have actually started to like the weepies a little more. so there, i said it. i might have jumped the gun on that one
seth