Saturday, August 02, 2008

11 years ago


i haven't blogged for a while and i'm ok with that.
today, however, is a very special day. you see, i have been married for 11 years. sarah and i got married just after our first year of college and haven't looked back since. and yes, that means that we were high school sweethearts. i was so madly in love with her in high school that i couldn't eat a normal meal for at least a year. i'm not joking. i would lose my appetite because i was so excited about seeing her again.
she has been my best friend ever since and the worst part about traveling is not getting to hang out with her as much as i want. i am a man made for one woman and God gave her to me at a young age. i may not be a smart man but i know when i am handed a great thing. So you can see how nothing that comes to me in life from here on out can quite compare to what God gave me 11 years ago (kids come dangerously close). i am a blessed man who married up...

sarah, even though i have all of my appetite back and then some, i am still madly in love with you and can't wait for the next 50 years together. happy anniversary!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

11 years!! wow; that's gone by so fast.
I remember your wedding, I guess it was such a long time ago. Well congratulations on your anniversary. You are both an example on how a Godly marriage should work. I agree about getting married young. It's the best thing.
Love Rachel Furtado