Friday, April 13, 2007

so i fell asleep on a plane...

on my way to "hotlanta" ,as our stewardess so brilliantly kept calling it, i had the window seat. now i'm usually ok with flying but this seat was tight and the guy next to me was a little too close. i went to my happy place and fell asleep. i woke up when we were about to land and the guy next to me was basically sleeping on my arm. so i called sarah and we laughed about how awkward that was.

well, on the way back i didn't get the window seat. no, i got the middle seat. and who is next to me on this sold out flight you might ask? mister behemoth man. not a fat guy, just the largest human being on the face of the planet. his arms were bigger around than my entire head. so i went to my happy place and fell asleep. well, i'm a twitcher. i twitch when i sleep and every time the cute kids in the back of me screamed the shriek of death (as all kids know how to do on a plane) i would twitch somethin awful and hit the guy on my right and left. i kind of felt bad about that, but i finally fell asleep pretty good.

i woke up pretty comfortable for being on a plane sitting up between two men, and feeling cosy and warm. why was i warm you ask? because i was gently laying my head on gimondo man's arm. that's right folks, i was sleeping ever so gently on the big man's arm.
when i realized the position that i had put myself into i did what any self respecting man would do. i straightened up, took a deep breath and acted like nothing happened. i never said a word to the giant. i just walked out of that plane like a man.

No comments: